Subject: The 1st National Water Harvesting Policy Dialogue in Jordan:
The First National Dialogue for the Jordanian water harvesting sector was launched and organized on Dec, 6th/2022 by INWRDAM. The dialogue was funded by the embassy of the kingdom of the Netherlands in Amman. This discussion was held in cooperation with the IHEDelft and AcaciaWater, in close partnership with the ministry of water and irrigation MWI and the ministry of agriculture MoAgr and The Jordan Valley Authority JVA.
This national dialogue was launched in Amman in the presence of:
- His Excellency the ambassador of the kingdom of the Netherlands to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Mr. Harry fairfay,
- Dr. Jihad al-Muhamed, the secretary general of the Ministry of water and irrigation
- Eng. Manar Al-Mahasneh the Secretary General of the Jordan Valley Authority
- H.E. Dr. Marwan Al-Raggad, Executive Director of INWRDAM
Representatives of the implementing partners of the project:
- The Ministry of Agriculture
- The Ministry of Environment
- local governments in the areas of Azraq, Mafraq and the north of the Jordan Valley.
- Representatives of the academic sector, farmers, international organizations and representatives of the local community.
The National Water Harvesting dialogue project in Jordan is in line with the national and local water management policy, which will provide innovative design tools that will allow water harvesting practices in Jordan, to continue to improve and adapt to changing climatic standards. Additionally, local communities in the three priority areas will be able to benefit from the project and from home-based businesses (HBBs), which will be irrigated with harvested water and powered by solar energy. One of the main goals of this dialogue is to provide a prime example of the relationship between Water, Energy and Food... WEFE Nexus.